Here are iPad and iPhone apps that can be used in primary school.
- Keynote – A slideshow presentation program
- Pages- A word processing program
- Numbers – A spreadsheet application
- iBooks – a ereader book store
- iMovie – Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fast and fun moviemaking app for iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad 2 and above
- iStudiez Pro – calendar and assignment planner
- Mobile Mouse – Mobile Mouse instantly transforms your iPad into a wireless mouse and trackpad for your computer
- Professor Garfield Cyberbullying – Garfield and Friends share information about Cyberbullying
- Sundry Notes Pro – Sundry Notes is the first social note taking application. Write, draw, record and research right within the app – and then share your notes with others.Take notes right within your application, including: Write text (and change font color, size, etc.), draw anywhere in your notes, search Wikipedia, Google, and Google Books – and grab images from them for your notes using two fingers, Import PDFs from the internet, Import images from your photo library, record sound/voice, Change page background to graph paper, lined paper, legal paper, etc.
- Blackboard Presenter – Turns iPad into a blackboard presenter using the VGA dongle. Mirrors iPad screen to the projector
- Little Artist HD – Little Artist is a super easy to use finger painting app for kids of all ages !!
Alphabet Fun Learning the A-B-Cs was never like this. Alphabet Fun makes the most of Multi-Touch technology on iPad to teach kids letters, numbers, and colors. They’ll swipe through colorful images and easy-to-read text. They’ll trace over letters with their fingers right on the iPad display. They’ll even write entire words. Kids think it’s a game. Parents think it’s educational. Everybody wins. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com – The free Dictionary.com app delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, including nearly 1,000,000 words and definitions and 90,000 synonyms and antonyms. No Internet connection is needed. The app also features audio pronunciations, similarly spelled words and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day that is enjoyed by millions of people. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
Wikipanion – Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
Miss Spell’s Class is an original word game that lets players test their spelling skills against the most commonly misspelled words on Dictionary.com. Players must quickly decide whether each of 20 words is spelled correctly or incorrectly, as speed and accuracy count to get to the top of the class! (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
Read Me Stories – A new talking picture book EVERY DAY teaches your child new concepts, new words and how to say them. Your child can practice reading – anywhere, anytime – while you’re driving, shopping in the grocery store, or having a quick coffee at your favorite cafe. Our books are fun and entertaining – so your child will look forward to reading their new book, every day! Imagine that – your child reading a new book everyday! You can spend quality time with your child while teaching them the core skills of reading and speaking that are so necessary for every child in today’s modern world. Bedtime reading will become something extra-special. Or, you can have a break while your child practices reading. With our books in your pocket, that can be when and where it fits into your day. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
- ABC Phonics Word Sight
- Dr. Suess’s ABC – The beloved classic “Dr. Seuss’s ABC” is now available for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- Word Magic – Teaches young children how to read and recognize letters
- Animated Rhymes 3 – This App contain 2 Rhymes (1) Pussy Cat (2)The Dog Says Bow, Wow
Toontastic – Create your own stories on line using the story arch and our animated artwork
Toontastic All Access – Gives you over 150 new characters and backgrounds for Toontastic
Book Creator – Create your own iBooks right on the iPad. (Allows everything except video)
Popplet – Popplet is a platform for your ideas. Popplet’s super simple interface allows you to move at the speed of your thoughts
Reading Trainer – This app teaches you how to train your eyes and brain to read and comprehend text faster. Think of it as exercise for your reading skills
Super Why – Help your child achieve the Power to Read with this collection Lof four SUPER WHY interactive games
StarFall – The “ABCs” section of Starfall.com’s well-loved website
SpellBoard – Monday, we get our weekly words. Wednesday, we have our pre-quiz and Friday is the spelling test
Story Wheel – Story Wheel” is an educational game that improves your child’s cognitive abilities
Shakespeare in Bits – This is the Free Lite edition of Shakespeare In Bits: Romeo & Juliet
Preposition Builder - PrepositionBuilder™ is designed to help elementary aged children learn the correct use of prepositions and learn how prepositions can change the meaning of a sentence
Conversation Builder - ConversationBuilder™ (Patent Pending) is a Conversation Simulator designed to help elementary aged children learn how to have multi-exchange conversations with their peers in a variety of social settings
Language Builder – Language Builder is designed to help children accomplish the following educational goals: 1) Improve sentence ideation ; 2) Improve sentence formation; and 3) Improve receptive and expressive language
Question Builder - Question Builder is designed to help elementary aged children learn to answer abstract questions and create responses based on inference.
Sentence Builder – Sentence Builder is designed to help elementary aged children learn how to build grammatically correct sentences
Story Builder - Story Builder is designed to help children accomplish the following goals: 1) Improve paragraph formation; 2) Improve integration of ideas; and 3) Improve higher level abstractions by inference
Inspiration – Inspiration Maps brings visual thinking and learning to the iPad
Bluster – Bluster is a fun and simple vocabulary building game.
Language Adventures Quiz Game Show – As kids compete on a fun TV game show, they master tons of important language skills
StoryPress – You can fill your StoryPress Library with storybooks that inspire you in different ways: a collection of family stories, or even an audio diary. Make StoryPress interactive: create guided interviews directed by you, with the spoken anecdotes contributed by a mentor, a friend, or a family member, near or far
Books (not in the iBooks App)
Math Magic – Don’t you just love how much your child has improved in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing? You never get tired of hearing, “Can I do math?” from your six year old, do you? Of course you don’t. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
ArithmeTick – How fast can you add and multiply? Solve math problems against the clock! ArithmeTick is a challenging math game where you solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems! The objective in ArithmeTick is to solve as many problems as possible before time runs out. You are awarded up to 10 points and additional time for each correct answer. A practice mode is also included to help sharpen your math skills! With five difficulty levels, ArithmeTick is perfect for kids and adults!
- MathBoard – MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems
- MATHsKOOL 1 – MATHsKOOL 1 contains twelve activities designed to develop numeracy skills
- Free Graphic Calculator – With the highest number of available mathematical functions, you will be able to solve almost every mathematical problem you can imagine!
- Ruler – Use your finger to drag the marker across the screen. Actual dimensions will be instantly displayed!
- Math Quizzer – Math Quizzer is an interactive and fun way to, not only learn, but also to boost your skills in; Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division!
- Ace Kids Math Games – Easily teaches kids how to Count, Add, and Subtract VISUALLY using fun animations with a prize reward system for completing each level
- Math Bingo – The object of Math BINGO is to get a pattern of five BINGO Bugs in a row by correctly answering math problems
- iFactor Quadratics – this is a simple application that will factor quadratic equations
- eSolver HD – eSolver HD enables you to solve quadratic equations in a very simple way
- Math Flash Cards – Math Flash Cards is a fun to use math drill application that looks and works just like the old paper flash cards
- Numerate: Count, Add and Subtract – Learn how to recognize numbers (1-20) and explore simple addition and subtraction with interactive calculations
- MakeChange – Practice counting change and doing addition problems
- Equation – a very fast and easy tool to solve Quadratic Equations!
- Pizza Fractions – In chef’s pizzeria your child masters the concept of naming simple fractions using pizza picture examples
- Counting Money – Great app to practice making money
- Operation Math – Designed for children ages 5 to 12, Operation Math teaches basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division through interactive game play that turns boring tables into a global adventure
- Math Blaster Hyperblast - Cadet, hop on your HyperCycle and discover the intergalactic adventure that adds up to total fun! Outsmart the alien robots, blast through the razor sharp blockades and speed past the stars on this mega-math adventure. The universe is counting on you do you have what it takes to complete the mission?
- AB Math – Stimulate your brain with an addictive mental calculation game!
- Math Quiz Show Game – Kids develop math skills as they compete as contestants on a TV game show! Available for grades 1-3 or 4-6
Star Walk is a winner of APPLE DESIGN AWARDS 2010 for technical excellence, innovation, superior technology adoption, high performance, and outstanding design! Star Walk is installed for demonstration on iPads at Apple Stores! Try it out in the shops! Enjoy NEW Picture of the Day and Bookmarks sections, share your astronomy observations via Facebook and Twitter! iPhone best astronomy app *Featured by Apple – Best Apps of 2009!* is now available for iPad! On a bigger screen starry night sky looks fantastic with 3D graphics and one of the user-friendliest interfaces ever. Star Walk is your personal planetarium that can answer to all your curiosities about the sky! For anyone who is interested in stargazing, amateurs or professionals Star Walk makes discovering more than 9,000 stars, planets, constellations, messiers as beautiful and easy as it has never been before! (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
VideoScience – Science Class Experiments brought to you by Science House and featuring Science Teacher Dan Menelly, winner of the NSF Einstein Fellowship in Cyberinfrastructure! These videos are 2 to 3 minutes in length and demonstrate the steps of simple science experiments. The experiments are designed to inspire and excite kids of all ages, with very little set-up time and using only low cost materials. So whether you are a public school teacher, private school teacher, or home school teacher; we hope you use these videos and the many more on our website to ignite the scientific passion in your kids. (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
- 3D Sun – lets you carry a virtual window onto today’s sun, right in your pocket
- Star Walk HD – Star Walk enables you to point your iPad at the sky and see what stars, constellations, and satellites you are looking at in real-time
- 3D Brain – Discover how each brain region functions, what happens when it is injured, and how it is involved in mental illness
- iSign3D – Introducing an innovative application for learning the American Sign Language alphabet for the iPad
Nova Elements – With “NOVA Elements,” explore an interactive periodic table, play a game hosted by David Pogue, or watch the two-hour NOVA program, “Hunting the Elements.”
HTS Periodic Table Pop Quiz – The Periodic Table Pop Quiz will exercise your brain by testing your knowledge of names, symbols, atomic number, period, and group for each element on the Periodic Table
Stars – Stars is a light application that displays the 88 constellations in the sky
Bobo Explores Light – Hold a fully functional science museum in the palm of your hand!
- Molecules – Molecules is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers
SolarWalk – This 3D Solar System model enables you to navigate through space and time, observe all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structure, history of their exploration, points of interest and more
NASA VIZ – This is the NASA Visualization Explorer, the coolest way to get stories about advanced space-based research delivered right to your iPad
National Geographic’s World Atlas HD – Designed specifically for the iPad, National Geographic’s World Atlas HD puts our best maps in the palm of your hand. Unlike other map applications, the National Geographic World Atlas HD utilizes our highest resolution, press-ready images, providing you the same rich detail, accuracy, and artistic beauty found in our award-winning wall maps and bound atlases. The app is preloaded with 3 different styles of world maps, down to country-level detail. With an internet connection, you can continue zooming through continent-level maps to detailed Bing maps – close enough to see your home! (DESCRIPTION VIA APPLE)
- Geo Play 2
- The Presidency
- Stack the States - Stack the States makes learning about the 50 states fun
- Early Jamestown – Victory Productions presents an interactive textbook exploration of the early days of the Jamestown settlement and the state of Virginia
- Era of Dino Lite - Here you will find descriptions of more than 330 dinosaurs and some information about the time periods of the Mesozoic era